Reliable Guidance From A Conservatorship Attorney

Duncan Legal, is a law firm based out of Centennial. Over the years, estate planning attorney, Carolyn Duncan, has too often seen individuals who have not planned for illness, injury or accidents. Unfortunately, these things do happen and if you do not have your estate prepared then it will be difficult for your loved ones to handle your affairs.

How An Estate Plan Helps

An estate plan will detail your wishes so that your loved ones have clear guidance in regard to handling your estate. A basic estate plan includes:

When you have a detailed estate plan, your family won’t have to resort to the conservatorship process.

However, if for whatever reason you do not have an established estate plan and something happens to you then your estate will be appointed a conservator. A conservator is a person appointed by the court to make financial decisions and manage your estate.

Generally, conservatorships are established for those who are:

  • Mentally disordered
  • Incapacitated
  • Suffering from diseases such as dementia or Alzheimer’s

Begin Your Estate Planning Today

It is important to note that conservatorships are both time-consuming and expensive as they require court hearings and ongoing assistance from an attorney. As an experienced estate planning attorney, I have the experience to help you or your family no matter what stage you find yourself in with regard to planning your estate. Contact a Colorado attorney today by calling [nap_phone id=”LOCAL-CT-NUMBER-1″] to schedule an initial consultation with me.